This is the second part of the series “pursuit of purpose, a vital ingredient for the fulfillment of our destiny”. Hope you have read part one for a better understanding?
If GO HERE to read part one, I encourage you to read it before continuing this part two. In part one; we looked at the meaning of purpose and the pursuit of purpose. In this second part, we shall be looking at the characteristics of purpose.
Characteristics of purpose: Purpose has many characteristics; some characteristics are as follows: (1) The uniqueness of purpose: – Every purpose is unique in nature. To be unique means a class of its own. No two purposes are exactly the same, i.e. has the same uniqueness. If we don’t manifest our purpose, our generation cannot benefit from it.
(2) A purpose is interrelated: – That is to say, that purpose is related to another purpose. There is no isolated purpose; every purpose is linked to other purposes.
(3) Association: – Our purpose in life determines the kind of people we associate with it or relate to it. Whosoever that cannot increase us will sure reduce us. In purpose, we need to locate those that can increase us rather than those that can reduce us.
In purpose, there are two groups, the first group; is those who relate to you for the sole purpose of benefiting from you while the second group is those we are relating with, who will make our purpose be accomplished.
There are people we should never walk with – those that derail our purpose, i.e., people each time we associated with him/her we end up being angry.
(4) Counsel: – our purpose gets established in the multitude of counselors. Counselors are those ahead of us, either physically by age or experience. They will guide and tell us what will bring peace on our journey. If we are to accomplish our purpose, we must seek godly counsel.
(5) Purposes are permanent: – purposes are permanent in nature. Plans may change, but the purpose is permanent. Note: there is no purpose that is inferior or superior to another. Every purpose is equally great.
Discovery of purpose: – Mike Murdock said, “We don’t determine our purpose, but we discover it.” Until we discover purpose, we are useless. A man without a purpose is a man living a dangerous life. A life without purpose is a burden and a meaningless life.
There are three major avenues with which we can locate or discover a purpose for our lives: (1) First is calling: – Calling is a divine revelation that defines GOD’S purpose for our life. In calling, GOD exercises the right to assign each one of us to whatever assignment of HIS choice.
Calling has nothing to do with our ability. In most cases, our ability, may differ from our assignment. GOD is not looking at our ability, but our availability. Calling means God’s ability that is displayed through us or ability in our life.
(2) The second is our gifting: – a gift is a divine deposit on our inside (potentials). Something on our inside, but can manifest outside. Our calling is for our discovery, and our gifting is for our distinction.
When we put our gifts to work, we are distinguished. Note that every man is gifted, and there is no one not gifted. Once we discover our gift, we are to trade with it in order to get our desired destiny. Gifts and calling, either of them can get us to our throne.
(3) The third is our choice: – We live in a world of Choice. It is a character of GOD inherent in man. If a choice is wrongly made, it can kill any destiny.
Life is full of choices. One’s choice in life can lead to a life of regret. It is not every joy that is God’s sent. For us to fulfill a purpose, we must make the right choice. Therefore, it is necessary that we make the right choices if we are to succeed in every area of our life.
Now that we have x-rayed the pursuit of purpose, will you sincerely say that you have discovered the purpose for your existence?
Will you equally say that you are pursuing that purpose you have discovered? If not, you need to diligently discover and pursue the purpose, for in doing so, you may succeed more in life than your present success.
This is the end of the series; I hope you have learned something, so why not share it with a friend? Also, consider following us on Twitter and like Destiny Moulders on Facebook. Shalom